On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, October 21, 2007

On the Radio tomorrow~

Remember radio? Remember AM radio? Remember local AM radio? Like Fannie Flagg writes about, I'll be interviewed tomorrow morning (Monday the 22nd) at 11 am on 1570 AM which is WYTI in Rocky Mount.



I'll be looking for a little house with a huge antenna, so Becky tells me as she was interviewed last week.



Peggy Conklin does the show, and she told me I'll be on for about 15 or 20 minutes, talking about my book, When Men Move to the Basement, Rocky Mount Writers, Lake Writers, why I moved to Rocky Mount in the first place, and who knows what other topics.



Should be fun; I started out in local radio, waaaay back with WOL in Washington, DC, with Eddie Walker and Willard Scott as THEY were just starting out. Eddie still broadcasts out of DC, but of course Willard went on to announce birthdays of 100+ years. Of course, it's much easier to be interviewed than to ask the questions.



Yesterday several of us from Lake Writers (see Becky Mushko's blog at http://www.peevishpen.blogspot.com/ for a picture of the group) sat outside the Westlake General Store and signed our books. Well, some of us signed books, others of us just chatted with everybody and drank Vermont Maple Syrup coffee to wash down some great ham biscuits. It was a bit breezy, but the weather was beautiful.



Today was church, and the Methodist Men's Group put on a spaghetti feed to raise money for scholarships. They had quite a bit left over, so it went into the fridge until Tuesday, when hubby and others volunteer at the Soup Kitchen in Rocky Mount. Spaghetti sauce is always better a day or two later. We also had an Eagle Scout ceremony at the church, so Dick got to wear his (adult) uniform as they celebrated four young men achieving that rank.

Busy day, busy week~

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Oh Marion, I wish I could tape it - I'll be in class. I hope it goes well and I'm sure it will be fun! Let us know all about it!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home