On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, October 15, 2007

Get Your Dog a Puppy

These cooler days have the chocolate Labs full of energy, and little Yorkie Sadie Mae is doing her circle runs at highest speed, ears straight out behind her as she jumps OVER the Labs every chance she gets. I still don't know if those long, high leaps are from her Yorkie dad or her Bichon Mom.

We believe all her youthful energy helps the oldest Lab, Winchester, move more and maintain his alertness as well. Remington is the same age as Sadie Mae, but of course his larger size moves him to a different ranking. He thinks. He did challenge Winchester the other day, and got his come-uppance. Winchester showed him who is boss. Interestingly, this moved Sadie Mae to believe SHE is boss of both Labs...nothing like a feisty female to take over the pack.

We're still waiting to receive the gadget from Dick's camera that we left in Tenn. Or I'd have pictures to post (oh, sure).

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Wait--you have Sadie Mae and Becky has Maggie Mae!

10:53 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

Does this work for grandparents too?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Marion, I really enjoy the image you created in my mind of Sadie Mae jumping over your Labs. I look forward to photographs!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home