On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Donna Reed morning

Clean carpets must have motivated us...Dick manicured all the azalea bushes & rhododendrons out front, cleaning up the entire long flower bed. Meanwhile, I got out the big crockpot (bless this cooler weather) & have a deer meat stew going. Also cooked up two weeks' worth of 7-grain cereal, complete with cranberry juice instead of water, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, flax seed, flax seed oil. I keep it in the fridge & nuke a cup, adding Activia yogurt. As you age, it's all about fiber.

I started the morning with a walk up the driveway with Sadie Mae. That's when I realized Dick had left the gate open on the old road down to the river...when the carpet guy came, he was shaking all over, said he'd accidentally gone down the wrong driveway and thought he'd never get back up. I figured he'd gone to our neighbor's 16 acres since they have a very steep driveway, but no, poor guy must have gone through the open cattle gate. This is a 4WD road. It's a wonder he DID make it back up. I've already sent Dick on his ATV to close that gate. All we need is a new UPS driver heading down that way.

It's good to be off in the woods, but sometimes...

Becky, I think that is your carpet cleaner guy. His name is John & they have a Rocky Mount phone number. He's from upstate NY, been here 20 years.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Mmmm, that cereal sounds so good but I know that hubby of mine will turn his nose up! It's too healthy!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home