On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I know I promised pictures, but...

I refuse to feel guilty about not taking the pictures of our new camper and Sadie Mae as a Halloween angel...yet.

We were struggling to get her into her wings when we discovered that one of the hoses (to the toilet!) in the camper had been left unscrewed. Since Hubby was flushing out all the lines...flushing being the appropriate word, we ended up with soaking bedroom carpet. Fortunately, folks, that was clean water. But mopping up was quite a chore, so the wings and halo are still on the kitchen counter.

Meanwhile, Dick has been off teaching hunter safety classes to kids, and also working with the JAKES, which is a program for kids as well, involving wild turkey hunting. He was gone all day yesterday (Friday) and again today. The DirecTV tech came today to try to resolve problems with our HD set-up. *Groan* He had to install new wiring, new boxes, you name it. Do you have any idea how much dust accumulates behind a wide-panel TV set? He was here from 1:15 until nearly 4. Nice, nice man and very good at fixing what his predecessor had mangled.

OK, those are my excuses for not posting pictures yet. I can TAKE the pictures, but when the doohickey is inserted into the computer to download them, I don't know the magical incantations yet to accomplish that. I watch as it is done, but mumbo-jumbo is not my speciality...or maybe those are techies' swear words...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Marion, you HAVE to see the movie RV. Robin Williams stars in it, and it is HILARIOUS. Although I've seen it so many times that I've lost count, I'll still watch it when there isn't anything on T.V. I can't wait to see a picture of your RV!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Amy, we went to see RV when it first came out, and have seen it again & again on TV. I love the part where RW is up on the crest of a mountain, trying to rock the RV so it'll go downhill...

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home