On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playreading at Rocky Mount Writers

We had enough time to read my play, Summer at the Lake, yesterday at Rocky Mount Writers Club at the FCL. It went really well; total time was just half an hour, which is perfect for the SML Playreading Group.

I'll have to make a few minor changes, but everyone felt it worked fine. They wanted more of Aunt Edna, so maybe I can enlarge her part a bit without changing it. I also like Aunt Edna!

After the meeting, three of us went out for lunch, checking out a very new restaurant on Claiborne Avenue in Rocky Mount. Called (I think!) the Angle House, next to the Claiborne B&B, they offer a different lunch special each day, for around $7. Their offerings are 'good old home cooking' with yesterday's lunch featuring either fried or baked chicken, 2 sides such as an excellent baked macaroni and cheese, green beans, pinto beans. Floors are brillant polished wood and the tables were very nicely set. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. They serve dinners, too, but I didn't get much information about what days and hours they'll be open.

Since the Red Clay restaurant just two doors away hasn't yet opened (they're now saying November) and is reported to be a steakhouse, we'll have some new choices to make. I'm still wishing a REAL seafood restaurant will open here some day!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I cannot wait to check out the steakhouse! My husband is a huge steak fan.

I loved your play! It was fun to read and fun to listen to! You should be very proud!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home