On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, September 14, 2007

Wonderful Rain!!

When I got out of my car at the Moneta Library for today's Lake Writers meeting just before 10 am, the rain was starting up. Hooray! It was definitely coming down. Predictions were we'd get about one to two hours of steady rain...well, at noon, lunch at Red, Wine & Blues, then getting my hair cut at Eric's at Westlake, then filling up the gas tank at Kroger's AND a bit of shopping there, of course...all accompanied by rain, rain, rain.

No, I am NOT complaining! I felt like a new little bird, opening her beak to the skies like Mama Bird, feeling the rain on my face.

My few plants out on the deck responded immediately...the hanging fuchscia sent out blooms right away, the orange and yellow Million Bells, which has suffered terribly through this drought, soaked up the rain ...(listen, hear those tiny bells?).

We'll have a few sunny-but-not-hot days, then it looks as if we'll have some more rain. Thank you, thank you!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home