On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Good news...Xray shows ankle has healed

My doctor finally called, said the Xray shows ankle has healed. Wanted to know if I still had pain; I told him only twinges now and then. He now wants me to lose the brace entirely; of course, Dick is trying to overrule that. But I think the intent is to let the bone strengthen.

I am ready for this; I've been "off feet, feet raised, no standing, no walking, no dancing (!), wear brace, wear walking cast" since the beginning of May.

Becky: Did you see Colleen's comment on my Blog? She's suggesting we think about heading to Floyd for their readings at the Cafe Del Sol, third Saturday of the month, 7-9 PM, and join them in reading something. (I'm sure we'd have to let them know ahead of time.)

I've been wanting to head to Floyd for their Friday night hoe-downs for some time now. See above for why I won't dance, but heck, we could watch the dancing and join in the fun. A couple we know is ready and willing to join us as they go out every Friday night to eat. Hmmmm, I think you know them actually. Bonnie (AKA Bubbles) and her beau, Bill.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Yaaaayyyyy!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Didn't see Colleen's comment. Which blog post? (Don't tell me I have to read them all to find it. I'm exhausted from today's Hanover Bookfest: BIG crowd; fun; I sold some books and did some swapping for books I wanted.)

So which of us is going to negotiate the roads after dark on our way home from Floyd?

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home