On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Much Needed Rain...

After all the wonderful warm 80 degree weather, the rains came. Despite cooler temps, our lawn is a brilliant green, the weeping cherry tree is covered with leaf buds, and the pear trees are nearly ready to burst.

Not only that, my peonies are coming up! I can see those reddish tips poking through the black dirt. Ahhhh...I am so ready for spring, even though we had a very mild winter all told.

We've been busy indoors; I say "WE" but it is the royal we. Dick decided to get rid of his old computer desk and buy ME a new one with an L shape and more desk space, taking my old desk into his room. Well, when you start doing that, you notice scrapes and nail-holes, so he began painting, first his office, then the hallway, then my office, then the guest bathroom. Which of course led to the living room and foyer!

The dust! The cleaning!! The eggshell color paint!!! The white enamel trim!!!! All I can say is: WOW I had to be unplugged for a few days, but there was no time to get online anyway.

All my wall posters are down, and I may not put them back up as I do like the uncluttered look. Even my bulletin board is empty. Between cleaning the sunporch so the sunporch people could come out and take pictures for their brochure, and now all this cleaning and painting, our house feels like a brand new home. Oh, there is still the master bedroom and bath. He bought a new flatscreen TV for the bedroom, how lovely is that?

HD TV now shows all his sports channels, but also shows one of my very favorite series, Northern Exposure. Daily. That, and Grey's Anatomy are my two TV passions. Dancing With the Stars? We usually watch that together.

Oh, news about Sadie Mae? She'll be in the Roanoke Times Neighbors' section, possibly on March 23rd. Her famous feather picture. And pick up Prime Living's March issue, as Sally Roseveare is on the COVER, with a piece inside, and Becky Mushko also has a piece in that issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home