On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Training time for Sadie Mae

Becky - I figured out how to use my new scanner, but not how to move a picture from the scanner to anywhere else. Still technically challenged. I'm working on it.

Gorgeous weather we are having. So I decided to step up the training of Sadie Mae. She knows Sit, Stay, and NO!!! But she still runs off, looking back at me over her shoulder with those huge black eyes..."catch me if you can!" And there is no way to catch an energizer terrier until she flops onto the ground, pink tongue hanging out.

So I reviewed my book(s) and got Dick to help me, using a long lead and little bits of hotdog, her fave treat in the world. Dick says instead of using the command Come, I should just say: Hotdog!

Frankly, just shaking the ziplok bag gets her attention.

We'll see. Have to repeat and repeat this training. I tried this awhile back, but she soon decided she'd rather run than come to the house. Hopefully she'll change her mind. With coyotes in the woods and traffic half a mile away, I want her to whirl around and FLY to me, like she does with Dick, the Alpha Dog/Pack Leader.

Yes, Becky, I need to take her picture as she has changed so much...she looks more like a wooley white lamb now as most of the black and caramel coloring have disappeared. But oh boy, is she ever a Yorkie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Funny stuff! My mom used to call "cookie" for our dog, Muffy to come running. Wouldn't you?

Try making sure your scanned pic is a jpeg file and that it is in a file and labeled so that you can easily find it. Like, My Pictures with a label like "Sadie Mae 4 07 1" I go with a simple name and then the date with a one to keep them seperated. Then when you browse for your picture you can find it easily. I hope I have helped...

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home