On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, October 17, 2009

20-year increments

I've lived my life in 20-year increments...first in Washington, DC, where I was born, then in Sacramento where my 3 children were born, then in Maine, and now in Virginia...which is 10 years, 10 (at least!) to go.

I have friends here who have never lived anywhere else, and sometimes I envy them the closeness they have with their families in this same area, but sometimes I feel they have missed out on so much by not traveling out and about.

Just thinking out loud~

1 Comments:

Blogger Claudia Condiff said...

Yes, I have travelled about as well, but my roots will always be stronger in New England.
They say 'home is where you hang your hat'.
I have had several homes, and I am blessed by having so many good friends from every place I have hung my hat!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home