On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hey, I'm back. We went to Tennessee for a family get-together, and I ended up calling 911 and riding in an ambulance with flashing lights to a nearby hospital, where tests indicated surgery.

When we left, the doctor kept saying: now, tomorrow, call a Urologist and arrange for surgery to remove the stent. I reminded the doctor that we would not get home before about 2 in the morning, so calling the Urologist would have to wait a bit!

Now comes the only good news in this post! We went to see the Roanoke urulogist who grinned: let's do the surgery right now! HUH? Then, instead of 'surgery' he placed some thin covered wires and demolished the stent and anything else there! No pain, no anesthesia, amazing.

Basically, a huge kidney stone had been removed during the surgery, so I'd expected yet another operation. Since men typically suffer from kidney stones, I saw the waiting room crowded with men, so they must also benefit from those tiny covered wires. What a neat technique.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh my goodness Marion--you've had some health problems! I am thinking about you and hope that you and hubby stay nice and healthy now.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home