On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, May 24, 2009

I am just NOT a techie!


Keith, I tried to comment on your throwing away tons of e-equipment, but ran into a problem with my g-mail (which I do not use at ALL) password. Then (you'll love this one) I got a call from Directv that I can watch a PPV movie for free. All I had to do was visit their Website. Which I never use.


OK, I go to their Website but they refuse to recognize me because my e-mail has changed. Uh. Yeah. When DirecTV was bought out by Hughes.net, they stopped the original e-mail accounts and assigned me a Hughes e-mail. Years ago.


THEY changed my e-mail, not me. And I had just had it printed on the back cover of my book!


This e-world is more than I can deal with. And I was commenting, Keith, on the fact that I'd watched GMA this morning and an artist fellow was showing his i-phone(?) that, for a $5 fee, he had gotten a program to add color. He then took a B&W picture of times square, added color, and sent it to The New Yorker who had used it for one of their COVERS. We are being drawn into the e-future whether we wish to be or not.


As I say this, I am trying to remember how to put a picture here on my blog. AHA! Got it...

4 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

I didn't even understand that! I like to say that I have no tech-no-logic sense.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I hear you Marion. I hate technology. It takes me twice as long to learn it. There's always something new! I don't have time for this. And now I'm having problems with my TVs because Dish TV is supposed to send us Smart Cards, whatever they are, and they never did. So now only my office TV works. And Kurt controls that. Forget my decorating shows. Think CSI and 24.

How are you feeling?

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

9:10 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

I can't believe we got this far. I'm stuck now and don't know how to change anything on my blog.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Colleen, let's just let the techie world go on without us...would you believe I finally bought a front loading washer and dryer, amazing sale, and I'm still learning how to USE them. Buttons, controls, more buttons. (but I really do not want to go back to washing clothes in the river...)

Debi: Welcome to techie world. Thank heavens our kids and grandkids get outside and play in the mud! (And I am doing really well. Got better just when Dick had open heart surgery, and he is doing just great.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home