On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Did I fix it?

Thanks for the nice notes re Dick's open-heart surgery. He is doing really well, although he keeps interpreting the "Do not drive for four weeks" as...oh, they don't want me to drive to, oh, Texas, but they surely didn't mean I could not drive to WalMart.

Can you believe it is actually April? The birds are flocking (yeah) to the bird feeder as we buy sacks of the pricey sunflower hearts and the fruit and nut mixture they love. The purple lilac bush is about to flower, and the Japanese Weeping Cherry is gorgeous. (I just hope the Japanese beetles leave it alone this year.)

I'm trying to decide whether to plant my herbs in a pot on the BBQ deck, or over by the wooden fence. I'm thinking I'll use them more readily in cooking if they're just out on the deck. Decision made! (and they say women can't decide...)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home