On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Margaret, Daddy, and me



Sorry this is a blurry picture, but Daddy is so proud of his two 'girls' that it is a favorite picture of mine, taken the summer of 1980. I had just remarried and brought my new husband to Florida to meet the parents. Each of us girls insisted she was Daddy's favorite daughter, and he loved the attention. He died in 1983, just months after Mother died from cancer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely warm photo. It must have been so hard to lose both your parents in such a short space of time.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I envy your relationship with your father - how precious. My daughter feels that way about Shannon and I enjoy watching the two of them together.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I am a twin and my sister and I argue over the same man (our Daddy). He refers to us each as "his favorite daughter" when the other one is not around. Father's are the greatest!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home