On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, February 07, 2008

When I was in the Chorus Line


As a youngster, one of my dreams was to be in a musical chorus line some day. Well, it wasn't Broadway, but I realized my dream during a little theatre production of South Pacific at the University of Maine in (gulp!) 1987. I'm the one on the far right...see, I told you I was thin once!


Dick played the lead, Emile, singing Some Enchanted Evening among many romantic songs. His teenaged son, Shane, sang the young Lt. Cable's part, and when they sang a duet as Cable was going off to die, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. (Both have terrific voices).


2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Awww! Look at you! What a romantic love story!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Marion, I LOVE that movie! My sister and I would try to imitate the way the Polynesian mother spoke. "You like?" and "happy talk" I bet it was a thrill to be in that production!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home