On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Voodoo Doll?

That's it, someone has made a voodoo doll using a hank of my hair or something. Then, he/she takes the doll out of hiding and jabs it, saying: Oh, let's just send her to the hospital with a life-threatening infection. Once that illness had run its course--JAB to the right ankle, one side and then the other--Time for a broken ankle, both sides. Look at her trying to get around--

Next: Let's see--how about something else painful--I know! JAB!--Shingles! That's it, painful and a tad disfiguring. Oh, rats, didn't jab in the right place, she has shingles around her waist and--darn--she went right to the doctor so she got started on the med immediately. That means a shorter course of the nerve inflammation and not as much damage.

I've spent all my life (well, not all of it yet) being the healthiest person in the room, vegetarian for years, daily walks, waterobics at the Y, nonsmoker, nondrinker except for an occasional glass of wine on special occasions. Vitamins, supplements, meds to bring down my inherited cholesterol and high blood pressure.

...and here I am, happily retired from a stressful job, and somebody fashions a voodoo doll, sticking pins into it every time I start enjoying life again.

Oh, well. The carved wooden sign on my dining room wall says it all: Thou shalt not whine

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Hang in there!

Maybe a little more wine would help you with less whine! For medicinal purposes, of course...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

It's not whining if you're merely stating facts and perhaps adding a bit of commentary to those facts.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I've heard that shingles are very painful. I'm so sorry you're having troubles, Marion. I'm glad the doctor had the right medicine and hope you continue to heal.
Sending good thoughts your way...

11:26 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Hope you start to feel better soon!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home