On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween Trunk or Treat

Ma and Pa Kettle in front of their plastic cabin. I always wanted to be a blonde! (I could feel my brain shrinking.)





Tailgate, Ma & Pa Kettle, Sadie Mae on lap.

Our church has a Trunk or Treat event for Halloween. We bring goodies in the trunks of our vehicles and the kids go from car to car, wearing their cute little costumes. Dick got very creative and decorated the tailgate of his truck...it was a hit with the kids!

Hey, buckaroo, look, it's a princess!

Sadie Mae wore her wings and halo, although the wings went crooked and the halo ended up around her neck. Well, we knew she was no angel! The kids adore her, but of course she wouldn't sit still for a picture, so we tried to get her still by holding her. Not much luck there...she's the bit of fur in my arms.
Hmmm, maybe blondes DO have more fun. Wig: $4.96 from WallieWorld. Effect on the kids: Priceless!

Now, let's see if I can remember how to download pix onto this blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Wow! Great hair! You could pass for Ida B. Peevish's sister!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Linda G. said...

Looks like a fun time, and you make a great blond! Sorry about the Voo Doo Doll! A little bit of whining never hurt anyone:)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Awwww... It's too bad Sadie Mae couldn't collect on some doggie treats!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home