On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Calendar tells me it is fall~

I wore fall clothes to church this morning, and then sweltered as the heat outdoors cranked up again! Looking at the forecast for the week ahead, it's summer clothes still. I stopped at WalMart for a few things and found a satiny set of white angel wings with a halo for Sadie Mae!

I couldn't get her to sit still for me to try them on her, but when Dick finishes up his camper cleaning (he's cleaning the interior now, corner to corner, edge to edge...his Mom did some fine training early on) I'll get him to hold Sadie while I dress her up & take some pictures.

They had a pink princess outfit there, too, but I couldn't see her with a high peaked pink hat and a flowing veil...she'd have had that in shreds in true terrier fashion!

Our church has a trunk or treat night for Halloween, where we park our cars in the big parking lot, open our trunks & share candy with the kids...neighborhood kids are invited too. Moms walk the little ones around from car to car, and we have flashlights and wear costumes, so it's a lovely party that continues inside the church. The kids love Sadie Mae, so I figure she'll have a chance to wear her wings and halo, sitting in the trunk of my PT Cruiser.

Like she'll sit still around all those excited kids...sure!

I'm not sure what I will wear this year...one year, I wore fairy wings myself, but I gave them away to a little girl who fell right in love with them. I think she thought my magic wand was real. I saw a huge wide-brimmed black hat with purple ostrich feathers around the edge at WalMart....hmmmm, that might work!

We usually hand out Tootsie Pops, so our car is one of the favorites...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Some of us have been known to dress our border collie as a dragon, our horse as a unicorn, a cousin as another dragon, and ourselves as a knight.
(And, yes, the four of us did win that particular costume class.)

But a terrier as a sweet little angel? You've gotta be kidding!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

You aren't kidding! I look forward to this weekend. A cold front is moving through and 77 sounds nice and cool.

Somehow I feel responsible. Am I able to pack up Florida fall weather in my moving van and bring it here?

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home