On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, September 18, 2006

New Puppy

This is being written with serious sleep deprivation...yes, new puppy objected to being put into her crate last night after being free to romp and play and eat up until her (my) bedtime.

She objected with whimpering, whining, even soft little growls. But I'm the leader of this pack, so I would not remove her from her crate except when it appeared she was in a bit of distress & truly NEEDED to go outside. She of course is sleeping soundly in her little round bed on the floor beside me today, and I should remember the advice my Mom gave me when my babies were born...every time the baby sleeps, YOU take a nap.

Yes, Becky, I've decided on a name. She's Miss Sadie. I figured with a mom Bichon Frisse named Miss Stardust, and a dad Yorkie named Chester, she has a bit of class but also some common folk DNA. She herself is a YOCHON, according to the breeder in Hillsville, a corruption of Yorkie & Bichon. She only weighs ounces at this point but is supposed to max out at 7 pounds, if that.

I will post pictures soon. Dick's pix were taken from too high an angle to show her darling little face, so once he gets home from endless errands, we'll take some more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Yes, she looks like a Sadie. Possible a Sadie Mae. Anyhow, she's one cute puppy. Get those pix posted soon so the world can bask in her cutteness.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home