On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

About Me

I am a new blogger and an author of a book of humorous essays, When Men Move to the Basement.

In 1980, I married Master Maine Guide Dick Higgins and moved with him from California to northern rural Maine, just a few miles from the town that originally inspired the TV show, Northern Exposure. After nearly 20 years, we retired together to southwest Virginia, where I began writing and performing humorous essays describing the culture shock of that 3,000 mile move and the further acclimation to retirement.

Now we live on the Blackwater River in Franklin County, Virginia. I am a member of Lake Writers and the Virginia Writers Club.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home