On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Great Invention? (or silliest!)~

Well, I'm trying to get a picture or two loaded, but I'm not having any luck...must wait until the techie hubby gets home to see what I am doing here... I was at WallieWorld early this morning, and saw these crazy-looking fuzzy slippers, in day-glo colors, hanging in the aisle where the cleaning products are located. Seems they are called "Slipper Genies" and are supposed to dust and clean your hardwood or tile or linoleum floors as you walk around








Too funny! Of course, I bought a pair. They were just under $6 and have fuzzy chenille bottoms attached with velcro so they can be washed. Sadie Mae thinks they are her new toys; I don't think so. We do have carpeting in several rooms, but for the kitchen, the foyer, the dining room and the bathrooms...well, perhaps this could be a solution to those bits of dust around.


There was also a mitt that I can certainly use for my blinds. That had first drawn my attention; at only $3.50, if it works, it'll be cheaper than a housekeeper.


OK, the pictures are in and I now have written-down instructions for this. Dick bought me this plug-in gear for my computer but he hadn't told me how it works! I think I've got it now, although I believe he reduced the size of the pictures...we'll see what happens here.


Do I like the "Slipper Genie" for dusting the floors? YES...they are great fun. I think young kids would get a charge out of them (NOT going down stairs wearing them, of course). Get a pair for each kid and turn 'em loose on any wood or tile or linoleum floor. I have a round antique table in the foyer that somehow reaches its legs out and gathers in dust...well, wearing my fuzzy slippers, I just moved the table and Voila! What a kick.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I LOVE them! I want a pair!!

And maybe I'll get my mother a pair too!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

If you could get a little chenille dog suit for Sadie Mae and have her go under all the furniture. . . .

5:25 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Oh my. That is the funnest thing I have seen all day. You'll have to tell us if they work.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh what a hoot! What a great idea! Isn't it amazing the things people think of - whatever next!? :-)

4:25 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Miss Marion! I L-O-V-E it! I can just picture you over there, scootin' away!!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

They DO work! I even washed the fringey parts (forgot to use only cold water, but they did fine)& couldn't wait to put them on after they dried...no, I didn't put them in the dryer, but they dried just fine.
I walk lightly with them across the carpeted living room. Sadie Mae still wants to have them as her play-pretties, but a firm "NO" works there.
Now my feet are my dust-mops!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh my, Marion, I really must have a pair of those! I wish they had been around when my children were young. I would have never had to mop! They loved sliding across our floors in their stocking feet and all their socks soon showed it with big holes in the soles. :-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

And, by the way, Marion, I forgot to mention this in my earlier comment, but thanks for much for your very kind comment on my post. It meant a lot.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home