On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day!

We voted Absentee about two weeks ago; I couldn't envision standing in line when my arthritic knee gives me so much pain. Besides, the Roanoke Times and other sources suggested Virginians vote Absentee to help cut the potential hours-long lines in many areas.

This morning, I saw an overview of massive lines in northern Virginia, for example.

How exciting to be part of this historical day! A woman running for VP; a black man running for President. College students energized and participating, volunteering days and nights, weekends, learning the political campaign routines in ways I haven't seen in way too many years.

It's a bit rainy and cool here today, but nothing that should keep anyone away from voting. I'm making a meatloaf tonight, and mashed potatoes, and we'll be glued to the big-screen TV as the votes are tallied. Maybe we'll even open a nice bottle of wine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home