On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Racing Car Grammie

Say, how fast will this go?

Whaddaya mean, you're holding the keys...



Remember, I'm yo mama!


This is some car...


Daughter Cathie reminded me that she'd taken some pictures of me behind the wheel of the sports car she won in an online contest. Well, I found them, so let me see if I can post them here.
Cathie enters contests if they do not require a purchase, so when Wrigley Gum partnered with NASCAR to give away a driver-designed, one of a kind, sports car, she entered. And WON! They flew her to Texas with my grown grandson Jessie, put them up in a very nice hotel, took them on a tour of the racetrack and then they watched the race.
Not too long after that, she got a call that her Dodge Charger race car would be delivered to the parking lot of her closest large grocery store. They had already sent her a very large check to cover her taxes, registration, etc.

I wanted her to put the car on eBay; after all, she lives in rural northern Maine and could drive the car only during their short summers. Well, eBay hasn't happened yet; she drove the car while we were in Maine, and put it in storage as soon as fall began to turn into winter. (She visits the storage place and starts it up periodically.)
OK, the pictures, if they download OK, should be up at the top of this post...

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I wish I could afford it. It sure is cute!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

Do those white stripes make it go faster? Have you gotten out of the drive-way yet!?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Marion said...

Colleen, would you believe I wasn't even allowed to drive it at all? Now, I gave birth to this daughter, so how could she not let me drive her race car??
I did ride in it as she drove me everywhere. She liked to take it down Main Street r-e-a-l s-l-o-w so the guys could get a good look at her car. At WalMart, in the parking lot, 2 fellows actually asked for permission to crawl under the car to see some kind of mechanical part. Grown men. There's another world out there...and I could have driven it if I'd insisted, honest.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You look great behind the wheel of that car, Marion! I remember when your daughter won it--I was so happy that, for once, a deserving person won something big! It sure is a cool-looking car--I can see why it attracts lots of male attention!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

brbc: thanks for your comment! Yes, I'm so happy my daughter's life has turned around finally. And she's met someone, after nearly 11 years being widowed, who is being very sweet to her. But he is not interested at all in the car, only in her.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home