On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, December 17, 2007

PC back from shop...and a recipe!

They doubled the memory on my computer...I asked if they could double MY memory, but they only laughed.

Meanwhile, Dick came down with a terrible cold, so I made a large batch of chicken noodle soup, using his gluten-free noodles. Here's the recipe, just a bit different from most:

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Olive oil
Parsley
Baby carrots, sliced lengthwise in half if necessary
One large sweet onion, sliced
The middle parts of celery hearts, with leaves, sliced
One pack (or more) of chicken breast filets
2 boxes of chicken broth (or more if desired)
Noodles
1. In large soup pot, pour 2-3 tbs olive oil. When heated, add the carrots, onions, celery and a bit of salt and pepper, dried parsley if desired. Saute' until carrots are sweet, abt 5 mins.
2. Remove veggies from pan, add a bit more olive oil if needed, and add the chicken after cutting it into desired size. Brown nicely, then return veggies to pot. Season more if necessary.
3. Pour in the chicken broth. You want enough to be able to cook up the pasta, so have another box in reserve at this point. Bring it up to a boil and add the pasta right to the pot.
4. Time the pasta, and stir a bit to be sure it continues to boil. As the pasta swells, add more broth or water if you are out of broth.
It's possible you may never eat canned chicken noodle soup again, after scarfing down this soup.
Dick's cold is better, and I have enough left over for him to have tonight. If you are feeding kids, add toasted cheese sandwiches for a complete meal.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

I'm supposed to be cooking an all natural roast ham that Joe got from a local farm but I've never done one before.

I recently got my RAM expanded too.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home