On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thursday Night at Franklin County Library

The Franklin County Library Friends have invited me to speak this Thursday evening, the 29th, at 6:30 at their Annual Meeting at the Rocky Mount library. Suggestions were to talk about getting my book, When Men Move to the Basement, published and distributed and to read a selection from the book.

One of my favorites is The Hunting Trip, which I haven't read to a group in a long while. Since this happens to be hunting season, that should be appropriate. I'm really looking forward to this event; I know most of the members, so it should be a friendly (pun intended) audience. Not only that, it is such a pleasure to read humor aloud. Laughter is a true bond.

When Fred First spoke and I introduced him, David Bass was kind enough to introduce ME as Franklin County's own Erma Bombeck. That was staggering! I remember Erma saying she was so disappointed not to have any grandchildren, because she was running out of material. Since Dick and I together have 16 grandchildren, counting 'steps' of course, perhaps I need to look to them for material for my next book.

OK, end of blatant commercial here. The Friends are taking me out to dinner beforehand, at the new restaurant (in an old historic building on Claiborne Avenue) called The Peter Angle House. That's a lovely gesture on their part, and I know we'll have a grand time. Hope to see y'all at 6:30 at the library.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I'm looking forward to it Marion!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Sounds enchanting... oh wait, that was your last post! (ha ha)

I wish I could be there. I will be in an elementary school gym watching my son dribble an orange ball up and down for an hour. Fun? Nah... Material? Yep!

BTW: You can borrow my little material builders anytime!! No charge!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Keith Ferrell said...

The event itself was every bit a success -- you read very well (as usual), and the audience responded at all the right spots. Well-done, Marion, and wel;-told, wife-of-Hubby!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home