On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Enchanted is enchanting!

OK, call me shallow, but I adore Patrick Dempsey and try not to miss Grey's Anatomy on Thursday evenings. When I saw commercials on TV for the new Disney movie Enchanted, I looked around for a young grandaughter to take with me to the Eagle Theater so she could visit a fairy tale and I could envision myself waltzing with Prince Patrick.

Unfortunately, my grandaughters and step-grands live all over the US, so I could only e-mail them after I saw the movie as well as spread the word around the Choir Room this morning. Believe it or not, Dick decided to go with me, and he laughed and laughed throughout the movie. He knows I hate to go to movies alone; emotions are so much more enjoyable when shared.

If you have a young daughter, or grandaughter, or sister or female friend, hie yourself to this confection of a movie. It begins as a cartoon of a fairy tale princess who is looking for her prince. The (rather dim witted) prince has a step-mother who sends the girl to NYC. She pops up out of a gutter in the middle of Times Square in a voluminous white dress and is soon drenched by a rainstorm. Seeking shelter in a billboard of a castle door, she is spotted by the young daughter of divorced attorney Patrick Dempsey; the daughter persuades her Dad to rescue the princess.

I love movies that make me laugh out loud, and this one did. Then, of course, there is the waltz scene. Ah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Marion, I saw this movie too! I used my three innocent children as an excuse to fall in love with Patrick Dempsey ALL over again. I told my husband that night he could thank PD for "getting me in the mood". He is such a debonair actor. His romantic charisma will make my knees weak EVERY time!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home